26 Nov 5 Reasons Why You Need Self Storage
Has your home become more of an obstacle course than a place of relaxation and Zen? Are you tired of your friends and family egging you to audition for show, “Hoarders,” because you seem to have accumulated more stuff than you realized over the years? The time may have come to consider renting a unit from Bloomington Affordable Self Storage.
- Maybe you have been worried that using a self-storage facility will be an additional expense – prices do vary depending on the size of the unit and the duration of your things “vacation.” If you’re still unsure of when to take the leap to self-storage, here are five reasons to consider a rental.
- Your house is yours again! No more holiday decorations attacking you when you open up the closet to get your coat. Gone are the sports uniforms and equipment that no one uses anymore but have to keep because, “remember when I scored the winning hockey goal!?” All those old clothes that don’t fit anybody, the workout equipment that helped with your New Year’s goal 8 years ago. If you aren’t ready to donate or throw these items away, that’s fine! Putting these items in storage is a great way to free up space in your home, while keeping all of your things available in a convenient location.
- Your stuff is safe. Many self-storage facilities are equipped with security cameras and locks, including Bloomington Affordable Self Storage. Don’t worry about keeping you antique furniture and trinkets outside of your home. Storage facilities are a secure option, while providing you with additional space and functionality in your home.
- Self-storage is not as expensive as you might think – in fact, it can be quite affordable depending on your needs! Depending on what your storage needs are, you could be paying as little as $50/month for a smaller unit. If you are a student, look in to student-friendly renting programs that will fit your specific needs. Take the time to ask about discounts and storage sizes to help a self-storage option fit in to your budget.
- Bad weather frequent your neck of the woods? Choose a more reliable storage environment than the garage or the shed out back for your things for when the next blizzard hits or a bad rain comes along. Items, such as furniture, are better kept in a dry environment that is temperature controlled.
- Lastly, and most importantly, take care of yourself. Decluttering your space can help declutter your mind, helping you relax and enjoy your home more. You will less agitated and annoyed by all of the mess, and you may actually see in an increase in your mood and productivity.
Consider looking in to and renting a self-storage facility for your things. It never hurts to call and ask about pricing. At Bloomington Affordable Self Storage, we are committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of your things.