How to Maximize Your Storage
- Maximize your storage space by using shelving. Use the height of your storage to your advantage.
- Leave space for a center aisle. This will allow you to have easy access to all of your items.
- Place the items you’ll need to access most often towards the front of your storage.
- Disassemble all tables, shelves and other furniture and store them on end. Mark and wrap all the pieces and attach all hardware to make re-assembly easier.
- Protect your mattresses and other furniture with pads, covers or blankets.
- Clean refrigerators, freezers, washers and dryers before storing and keep the doors slightly ajar. You can also use the space inside for extra storage of such items as blankets, towels, tablecloths and clothes.
- Leave a small space between the wall and your storage items to allow for ventilation.
- Pack your boxes and other items as close together as possible to avoid moisture accumulating between them.
- Use a high quality security lock, preferably a “disc lock”, for your unit to keep valuables safe.
- Make an inventory of your stored items and keep it in a safe place at home or in a safe deposit box.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- Place your storage items on 2″ x 4″ boards or an “anti moisture product” to guard against dampness. Any concrete floor may become cold and damp.
- Use furniture with drawers to store knickknacks, china, silverware and small items. Wrap in tablecloths, towels or blankets to prevent breakage.
- Store shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside one another.
- Here are some tips for storing books in your Bloomington storage space.
Maximize your Bloomington self storage unit space by choosing the right packing supplies and storing your belongings right. Save space and money with Bloomington Affordable Self Storage! Call us today, and we will be happy to assist you with choosing the best self storage unit, and answer all of your questions. Dial 812-339-4221 today!