27 Jan Packing Tips
Posted at 21:12h in Packing
- Use strong packing boxes designed especially for moving and storage. Re-used boxes picked-up at a grocer are often damaged and are not designed for storing household goods. We have all the boxes and packing supplies you will need at great prices.
- Seal your boxes completely with packing tape to keep the dust out.
- Use wardrobe boxes when storing clothing. Your garments will hang and be well-protected.
- Pack heavy objects and books in small boxes. They will be easier to lift and carry.
- Use the same size boxes as much as possible. They are much easier to stack.
- Completely fill all boxes with the heaviest items on the bottom. Use wrapping paper to stuff open areas to prevent the box from collapsing when stacked.
- Use mirror boxes or wrap mirrors and pictures with bubble-wrap or paper pads. Never store mirrors or any glass items flat.
- Label your boxes on all sides. This will make the contents easy to locate.
- Wrap dishes and glassware in packing paper and place securely in dish pack boxes.